Fredericksburg Farmers Market Homes For Sale Walking Distanc
Fredericksburg Farmers Market Homes For Sale Walking Distance
You may be living closer to the Fredericksburg VA Farmers Market than you think! Living in Fredericksburg, VA is so convenient to so many things, and so often we forget about this time of year and how close our Fredericksburg homes may be to the Farmers Market.
- Homes For Sale Near Fredericksburg Farmers Market
- Townhomes & Condos For Sale Near Fredericksburg Farmers Market
- House Values Near Fredericksburg Farmers Market
Tips For Shopping Smart at the Fredericksburg Farmers' Markets :
- Buy only the amount you can use in a short period of time to avoid having to throw away spoiled produce. Always Look for produce that is free from unusual odors or colors and signs of spoilage such as mold. When buying cut produce, keep it cold during transport. Put it in a cooler with ice if traveling a distance.
- Handle produce gently to reduce bruising. Bacteria can thrive in the bruised areas. At the grocery store, keep fresh produce on top of other foods in a shopping cart — and separate from fresh meat — and set it down gently on the counter at the checkout line.
- Remember that buying underripe produce isn't always the best option. Peaches, cantaloupe and nectarines are examples of fruits that may soften during storage, but they won't ripen.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before handling produce and any other food. Wash all fruits and vegetables with cool running tap water right before eating. Don't use dish soap or detergent because the FDA hasn’t approved or labeled these products for use on foods. Scrub melons with a brush and running water, because bacteria can be transferred from the outside of the melon to the inside by a knife. Don't cross-contaminate: Use clean utensils and cutting boards when peeling or cutting up produce. Wash cutting boards with soap and water, rinse and sanitize between uses. A solution of 1 teaspoon bleach per quart of water is considered safe and effective.
- Cut away bruised parts before eating. Remove the outer leaves from lettuce and cabbage. Avoid serving sprouts to at-risk populations like the very young, old, or those whose immune system isn't able to function at normal levels. For example, people undergoing cancer treatment often cannot eat fresh produce.
2016 Fredericksburg Farmers Market is in full swing and now better than ever! Saturdays are the big day, however many vendors do participate throughout the week from 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday through Saturday.
2016 - My Favorite Vendor List Fredericksburg Farmers Market:
Wildwood Farm - Wildwood Farm offers an array of natural products and produce including their sought after chemical free honey. Wildwood Farm is located near Lake Anna in Mineral Virginia.
Blenheim Organic Gardens - A USDA Certified Producer, Blenheim Organic Gardens will be at the market each Saturday in 2014 offering you fresh, local produce from a 400-acre farm long associated with the Washington family in Westmoreland County Virginia.
J&W Valley View Farm - Amazing variety of produce tomatoes, corn, squash, eggplants, cucumbers, beans, and berries just to name a few!
James E. Headley Oyster Co/ Four Season Seafood - Offering fresh oysters from Callao, by the pint, or bushel in the shell. In business for 34 years speaks for it self about James E. Headley Oyster Company. ( website not available)
Pam Martin, 540-834-6924 Realtor
Search Fredericksburg Farmers Market Homes For Sale Walking Distanc Homes for Sale
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.
Today's Market Trends for Fredericksburg Farmers Market Homes For Sale Walking Distanc *
* All data pertains to single-family homes